Submit an Abstract
Abstract submission is now closed.
AN OPPORTUNITY TO PRESENT IN-PERSON OR VIRTUAL SESSIONS: The IFW 2022 Organizing Committee invites you to submit an abstract of basic research, applied research or alternative category (traditional knowledge, artistic presentation, presentation of a network or research initiative...). Accepted abstracts will be included in the IFW Conference program for either an oral or a poster presentation (in-person) or a short oral presentation (virtual) and will be published as supplement of the Journal of Insects as Food and Feed (JIFF).
Please note the important dates and read the information and 3-steps instructions below carefully to prepare your submission.
Abstract submission deadline:
February 12, 2022 February 20, 2022 (Final deadline)
Announcement of results:
March 18, 2022 April 1st, 2022
Early bird registration and author registration deadline:
April 4, 2022 April 15, 2022
IFW 2022 TOPICS AND FORMAT
IFW 2022 Topics (you can select 2 topics)
- Insect as food & feed/processing, conservation & food safety of insect products
- Insect as feed/alternative protein sources & diet formulations
- Insect production systems/genetics, nutrition, physiology, health & ethics
- Insect production systems/processing organic side streams & waste management
- Insect production systems/optimization, engineering, automation & security
- Harvesting & traditional role of eating insects/sustainable consumption & food security
- Perception, marketing & economics
- Biotechnology & non-food applications of insect
- Circular economy & environmental sustainability
- Quality control, legislation & policy
In an effort to be inclusive of traditional knowledge and open to innovative co-creation with new media such as the arts, the Scientific Committee of IFW 2022 has included an alternative category, which differs from the more conventional basic or applied research categories. To allow publication of presentation, abstracts in the Journal of Insects as Food and Feed (JIFF) must conform to a conventional scientific format (i.e., title, introduction, methodology, hypotheses, results and conclusions). Thus, the Scientific Committee could evaluate an abstract as compliant (accepted), or impertinent (rejected), but could also propose a conditional acceptance if a topic is considered of interest to IFW participants but does not fit adequately into a conventional category or the abstract could be considered non-compliant for publication in JIFF.
Proposed presentation format for IFW 2022 Conference
- Original research (oral presentation in-person): 15 minutes
- Original research (poster presentation in-person)
- Original research (oral pre-recorded presentation, virtual): 10 minutes
- Original research (poster pre-recorded presentation, virtual): 5 minutes
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
STEP 1 : Create an account in the OASES system
First, you need to sign up for an account in the OASES system (JIFF submission platform) by clicking the button below:
(Note: Abstract submission now closed)
STEP 2 : Submit your abstract
- All abstracts are written and presented in English. Linguistic accuracy is the responsibility of the authors.
- Abstracts must not exceed 2,500 keystrokes, including title, authors and addresses, and including spaces and punctuation.
- The title of your abstract can take up to 120 keystrokes, including spaces.
- Accepted abstracts will be published as supplement of the Journal of Insects as Food and Feed (JIFF).
- The Scientific Committee will decide whether abstracts are accepted (with amendments, if necessary) and, if accepted, whether they should be oral papers or posters. They will also assign oral papers to the most appropriate sessions for the Conference.
- A final decision regarding acceptance of your abstract and form of presentation will be provided to you by email no later than April 1, 2022.
- The presenting author should be indicated clearly. Be aware that if this presenting author does not register for the Conference by April 15, 2022, your contribution will be removed from the program and the published abstract compilation.
(Note: Abstract submission now closed)
STEP 3 : Enter your accepted abstract in the IFW Conference platform (Conferium)
Following notification of abstract acceptance, you will be required to enter your abstract information in the IFW 2022 Conference platform for the organization of the program schedule as well as for communication with the organizers.
Link and instructions will be provided in the acceptance letter on April 1, 2022.